Student Support Services
To support learning at Saint Columbkille Partnership School, we have developed a comprehensive student support system to ensure that each and every student receives the services and resources he or she needs to be academically successful and healthy.
Each child is unique. For example, some students benefit best from enrichments, such as arts, sports, or leadership programs. For others, targeted intervention services—such as after‐school programs, basic health education, and tutoring—are the best match.
Our mission is to have all children engage and learn in school by connecting each student with the tailored set of prevention, intervention, and enrichment services he or she needs to thrive. Following assessments and evaluations by our Student Support Coordinator and Learning Resource Coordinator, students can be connected to a unique set of services or enrichment opportunities in the community designed to help each child reach his or her full potential.
The City Connects Student Support Coordinator assesses the strengths and needs of each child through conversations with teachers and others in the school. Click here to learn more about the Student Support Coordinator. The Learning Resource Coordinator works with teachers, students and parents to make sure that each child’s learning in the classroom is optimal. Click here to learn more about the Learning Resource Coordinator.
Today, it is more important than ever to teach our students how to navigate the social and emotional challenges of school and life. Specifically, our teachers guide students through appropriately managing their emotions, while also engaging in proper conflict resolution strategies. These efforts will lay the foundation for students to become well-adjusted and confident adults.
Saint Columbkille Partnership School also partners with a number of community agencies to advance wellness for our students, including:
- Brighton Allston Mental Health Association provides in-school psycho-social counseling.
- New England College of Optometry conducts eye examinations and deliver glasses to students who need them.
- Polished provides in-school dental care, including cleanings and sealants.
- Big Brother Big Sister Foundation matches students to mentors.
- Strong Women - Strong Girls facilitates weekly meetings with girls in grades 3-5 to learn leadership skills and enhance self-esteem.
- Investigators and prosecutors from the Office of the District Attorney provide instruction to middle school students regarding internet safety.